Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's For Dinner Wednesdays - Breakfast Casserole

When I left my childhood home to venture out on my own, the ladies of my family gave me a book with compiled family recipes.  I have used this book as a staple for my own growing family and the great tastes I grew up with.  On Wednesdays I will share with you some of those secrete family recipes!!

This week we are having my Aunt Sheila's Breakfast Casserole:

You need:

  • 1lb sausage
  • 5 slices of bread, cubed
  • 1.5cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 eggs
  • 1.5 cups of milk
Brown Sausage in skillet and drain
Grease 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350.
Layer the bread, then sausage, then cheese in the pan.
In mixing bowl beat eggs and milk together then pour over the layers in the pan.

Bake in the oven at 350 for around 45 mins.

Enjoy!!!!!



My family LOVES this.... I make the casserole along with biscuits and jam.  Even my picky eater, Miss KJ, gives this one two forks up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment