Friday, January 6, 2012

Free Write Friday: My Mother

Most daughters have a special bond with their mothers in some form or fashion.  They may call their moms once a month... once a week... maybe every few days.  Well, my mom and I are a little closer than that.  On average I talk to my mom about 3 times a day minimum.  When I was dating my husband and I told him that, and he was like, no you are exaggerating.  Well he found out soon enough, that no, I was being totally honest about my relationship with my mom.

How did we grow to be so close?  I have no idea... Maybe because we share the same sense of humor, or taste in clothes.  Maybe because we like the same activities, craftiness, and ideas.  Maybe because she is a really great listener and I have a lot to vent about :)  haha  Whatever it is, I am always grateful to have her on the other end of my phone.

My mother has been an inspiration to me on how to raise my own daughter.  I remember my mom teaching us how to properly clean the house, or how to cook family dinners.  I remember my mom taking enrichment classes for fun, whether it was crafts, sewing, or photography.  Her excitement to keep learning and growing always inspired me.  I hope that I can in some way repay her for being the perfect mother to me, by striving to be the same for my daughter.

So I'm going to do what any other loving daughter would do to their awesome mom... post a video that cracks me up and will surely embarrass her!!  LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment