Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lifestyle Change: A Challenge

Got inspired a few days ago.... 

I was a vegan for about 8 months before I got pregnant with ET.  People thought that it was weird and most of my family couldn't understand why I wanted to be a vegan.  I turned vegan after watching 'Food Inc' and a few other documentaries about food.  The first week was rough but after that I lost a few pounds and felt the BEST I had ever felt in my life.  More energy, working out was easier, better focus and concentration.... Life was good.



I got pregnant in May of 2011 and was so sick my first trimester I couldn't even keep water down.  The toilet was my new best friend.  I lost 5 lbs my first three months being preggo, and I lost all interest in good food.  The thing that tasted the best to me, and actually stayed down was an Arby's Beef and Cheddar... go figure!  Through my pregnancy I kept my weight gain to a reasonable amount (39lbs), but I went back to a diet with meat and dairy which left me feeling tired and gross.  

02-02-12 The day ET was born!!!

Now that ET has been born and is two months old, I want to get back to my vegan ways.  The only problem is my taste for 'normal' processed foods and sugars have returned.  I have been feeling extra tired, run down, unfocused, and just really bad the past few months.  My migraine headaches have returned and I have been taking meds more than normal.  I know it is all because of my horrible diet of overly processed foods and sugar.

Well a few days ago, I was watching a documentary 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead' about a juicing detox and benefits of a nearly vegan diet, and now I'm ready to get my food life back in order.  So when Mr. D got home from work I talked with him about lifestyle changes and he was totally on board!!!  We went to Target and got a juicer the next day.  Hopefully soon I'll go back to my vegan ways and drop the rest of this baby weight and get healthy again!  

The Challenge:

Start Juicing using fresh veggies and fruits,
and of course, drinking lots of water too.
(Because I'm nursing I can't do a full Juicing detox or fast... so I will still be eating a raw lunch, and a steamed dinner All Plant based)
Going back to a vegan diet.
Also adding in my old workout routine.

So who is with me?

I called my dad and he is going to do this with me ;)  I'll be posting juicing recipes, and progress that I have made and I'm sure some grumblings along the way.  If you would like to try this with me please comment and let me know.  

Two weeks after giving birth to ET.... 15 more lbs to go!

DISCLAIMER:  I'M NOT A DOCTOR.... DON'T DO A DIET OR DETOX WITH OUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment