Friday, April 20, 2012

Free Write Friday!!! My Addiction

Okay I have an addiction I would like to share with everyone.  I don't condone addictions and the Bible preaches against them.  But this addiction doesn't interfere with my prayer time nor my family time... so I think I'm okay ;)  Most addictions are considered bad in nature, like drugs/alcohol, eating your emotions, and even online social sites like Facebook.  But in my opinion, Pinterest.com is a WONDERFUL addiction to have.  

If you have no idea what Pinterest is then you have been living under a rock!  So it is time to crawl out from under that rock and get pinning!!  This site is a wealth of knowledge from DIY crafts and home decor to art, cars, food, places, and much much more.  You create 'boards' and then pin websites related to those boards to share with fellow pinners.  I feel like this site has actually enriched my life because the amount of good ideas in one place.  Plus it is a very visual website, which is great for visual people such as myself.



This past week, we had a Pinterest week here at the Nguyen household.  We made three completely new dinners from my 'Food' board and all of them were a hit with the family!  I did a new hair style on KJ, made a two new skirts (one for KJ and one for me).  All from tutorials that I found on Pinterest.



Also.... if you are a homeschooling family like we are, there are some really priceless resources I have found through Pinterest.  Art ideas, science websites, worksheet/book resources, and activities from other homeschooling families.  (Below you can see the spring flowers we made for art time).  

Most social or addictive websites really aren't worth the amount of time spent on them... but with Pinterest I really believe it is benefiting my family and myself by expanding my creativity and knowledge.  Pin On my fellow Pinners!!!!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment