Friday, April 27, 2012

Free Write Friday - Mr. D

A few months ago I blogged about my awesome relationship with my Mother and how much of a special woman she was in my life.  Well, today I feel really motivated to brag about my amazing husband, Mr. D.

I met my husband on eharmony right after my divorce in 2008.  KJ had just turned 1 when we started chatting online, and a month later, we finally had our first date.  We were to meet at Cracker Barrel for lunch.  Well we met, we ate and we didn't want to leave each other.  So I took him to Austin's popular Mt. Bonnell since he had never been.  Then we went to Ikea and walked around for a while.  Our first date ended up lasting over 5 hours, and still we didn't want to leave each other.

He met KJ about a few weeks after that, and he was so nervous.  He stated "I don't just have one lady to impress, I have two!"  haha....  KJ loved him instantly and they have been two peas in a pod ever since.

From there we dated for over two years before finally tying the knot on the top of Mt. Bonnell on June 12, 2010.

During this time Mr. D was in the army as a crew chief for black hawk helicopters (a very sexy job).  He was deployed twice while we were together, once for 15 months to Honduras, and the last for 5 months to Afghanistan.  We managed to skype almost everyday during those deployments thanks to the efforts and hard work of Mr. D always finding internet.  It was a very happy day when he ETS (or got out of) the Army after serving for 6 years.

Now he is a contractor on base doing his black hawk job as a civilian but with no deployments.  I have to state this fact about my husband..... He is the hardest working man in the world.  He usually works 60-70 hours a week and then comes home and manages to still play with the kids.  I really don't know how he manages, except for the fact that he is amazing.

Mr. D, as a father, is the better than I ever could have prayed for.  He is compassionate, kind, patient, stern but not over bearing, and a very big kid himself!  As a husband he is the leader of this household in the BEST sense of the word.  I have never felt like such a queen as I do now being his wife.

There isn't just one thing that makes my husband so amazing, but it is the total whole of who he is.  I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive husband and I thank God everyday for bring him into me and KJ's life.  Now as we make our family grow with ET and hopefully more kids someday, I only see more joy and love grow in him.  I never knew I could love a man as much as I love him.

A prayer for my husband today:

Dear Lord,
Help my husband throughout today and the hardships of his job.
Help him feel the love from his family as he is working right now.
Give him the strength and glory that only you can provide.
Help me to be a Godly wife to him.
Help our relationship flourish,
and you Lord, be the guide of our family.
Thank you for my children.
Thank you for the man you have picked for me.
I count my blessings every day,
I know I don't deserve them.
Thank you mostly for your Son
who died on the cross for our sins.
May our family bring Honor and Glory to your Name.
It is in Jesus's name I pray all of these things.

Amen


KJ, Mr. D, and ET

No comments:

Post a Comment