Thursday, June 7, 2012

My new love.... Aperture

So I have been taking these photography classes and I must say they are dramatically changing my photos.  Click here to see the courses :)  I can't wait to use them on my next shoot or even just on KJ and ET!!  Here is an example of what I'm talking about...

I have always used the normal automatic settings on my camera.  (I use a Canon 60D and I have two lenses... my kit lens which is 18-135mm and my newest lens the 50mm 1.8.)  But I don't really know anything about the technical side of my camera and how to successfully use the Manual mode.  So with these classes I am hoping to never use the auto modes again!!!  

Well last week one of our assignments was to play with our aperture and thus affecting our depth of field. So I took Mr. D and little ET to a nearby field and started playing.  I couldn't believe the difference!!!  I was expecting some difference but not this much.  Both were taken with the same 50mm lens the ONLY thing I changed was the Aperture.  Here are the two photos totally unedited.......

Click on the photos to make them larger :)
F/22
F/1.8
Pretty amazing huh?

The blurry background with the F/1.8 really makes Mr. D and ET stand out.  Like I said I can't wait to use this on future photos!  Let the learning continue!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment