Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday Book of the Week

Today I asked KJ what book she wanted to pick for book of the week, and she said it was 'totally' my turn to pick the book (why she sounds like a valley girl.... I have no idea).  So I'm taking her up on her offer and picking the book this week!!!

My choice isn't really a book that you read, but it's still a book.  Recently, we went to Olympic National Park and I was, for the first time, introduced to the National Park Passport Book.


This is a book that you carry with you when traveling to national parks.  At the park's visitor center they stamp your passport book to show the date you visited the park.  Exactly the same concept as a passport you would need to get in and out of the country.  When I first found out about these I was super geeked out about them.  After some research there are actually clubs that travel and see how many stamps they can collect.  I do believe I'm going to get one for me and the kiddos.  (I asked Mr. D if he wanted one too, but he looked at me as if I had lost it, so I'm taking that as a 'no'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment